Overview of Mission, Services, & Funding
To promote smart commuting options – carpooling, vanpooling, transit, bicycling, walking, and teleworking- that will support a livable and economically vibrant greater Seacoast community.
CommuteSMARTseacoast is a TMA (Transportation Management Association) comprised of employer members. Membership is free and open to any employer in the Greater Seacoast region of New Hampshire.
- Services include:
- Confidential online carpool and vanpool matching service
- On-site educational events and materials about carpooling, bicycling, transit, and teleworking
- Individualized commuter transportation planning
- CommuteSMARTclub – registered commuters who work for member employers are eligible for the Emergency Ride Home program (up to 6 free rides home if an emergency occurs during work) and monthly drawings for prizes.
- Surveying and analyzing commuter transportation patterns and needs
- Quarterly e-newsletter and email blasts
- Regional commuter events and contests (e.g. “Bike/Walk to Work Week”, “Try Transit Week”, “Seacoast Commuter B2B Challenge”)
- Workshops (e.g. bike safety, bike maintenance)
- Advocating on regional transportation issues
- Roundtables on commuting options and topics of common concern to members
Federal Department of Transportation (CMAQ) and NH Bureau of Turnpikes