We’ve got you covered!
CommuteSMARTseacoast’s Emergency Ride Home is your safety net when an emergency arises during work. Registered commuters who use a carpool, vanpool, bus, train, bicycle, or walk to work are eligible. All you need to do is take a taxi or rental car and submit your receipt and reimbursement form.
Who can use ERH?
You are eligible if you:
- Work for an employer who is a member. Membership is free to any employer in Seacoast NH. Click here to see if your employer is a member. If not, contact your HR Manager or us!
- Commuted to work by carpool, vanpool, bus, train, bicycle, or walking on the day of the emergency.
- Enrolled in the commuteSMARTseacoast ridematching database.
- Unexpected personal illness or emergency
- Unexpected family illness or emergency
- Carpool/vanpool driver has an illness, emergency, or unscheduled overtime
- Potentially dangerous weather (bicyclists and walkers only)
Please note the following do not qualify as emergencies:
- Rides to work
- Personal errands or pre-planned appointments during the workday
- Scheduled overtime
- On-the-job injury
- Transit system failures
- Vehicle failure
- Building closings
- Park and Ride lot or where your car is parked
- Child’s day care or school
- Medical facility
- Interim stops are acceptable if they are part of the emergency
How to get there:
ERH Trip Allowance
You may submit up to six (6) requests per 12 month period, no more than two (2) in any month, for a maximum reimbursement of $90 per occurrence.
Steps to follow
- Arrange for emergency transportation (taxi or rental car)
- Take the trip and pay
- Submit the paperwork (see below)
Submit your request for reimbursement within 10 business days of the emergency to info@commuteSMARTseacoast.org, or fax to 743-5786. Receipt must be attached to the ERH reimbursement form signed by your employer. Upon receipt and verification, you will receive a check in 10 business days.