CommuteSMARTseacoast is a Transportation Management Association (TMA) that works with employers to ease commuting challenges and reduce traffic congestion and air pollution. We promote carpooling/vanpooling, transit, bus, biking or walking to work, and teleworking.
Membership is free and open to any employer in the greater Seacoast region of New Hampshire. Join today to enhance your reputation as an environmentally and worker friendly employer!
Enjoy the cost savings
- Your employees are not stuck in traffic and stressed out. Instead they are at work and improving your bottom line.
- Reduced payroll taxes and commuting costs put money in your employees’ pockets.
- Increased productivity (which translates into real cost savings)
- IRS regulations allow you to reduce your payroll expenses and allow your employees to use pre-tax dollars to purchase transit or vanpool fare media.
Enjoy the benefits
- Decreased absenteeism
- Improved employee morale and well-being
- Improved employee retention
- Enhanced recruitment with a larger applicant pool (people like having commuting options)
- Increased environmental stewardship by reducing traffic congestion and air pollution
- Improved physical health from bicycling or walking
CommuteSMARTseacoast’s free services:
- Confidential, no obligation online carpool and vanpool matching service for employees
- On-site promotional events and materials about carpooling, bicycling/walking, transit, and teleworking
- Personal commute planning – face-to-face, phone or email consultation to help an employee find commute options
- Surveying and analyzing employee transportation patterns and needs
- Emergency Ride Home Program – registered commuters are eligible to receive reimbursement for up to 6 taxi or Uber rides a year if an emergency occurs during work or a carpool driver has an emergency
- Quarterly e-newsletter
- Regional commuter events and contests (e.g. “Commute SMART Challenge”, “Dump the Pump Challenge”, “Conquer the Cold”)
- Workshops (e.g. bike safety, bike maintenance)
- Advocating on regional transportation issues
- Roundtables on topics of common concern to members