Emergency Ride Home
Log Your Trips!
Join a commuteSMART challenge and log your trips to win prizes! These special timed events let you join your co-workers in a business-to-business challenge to commute smart!View Current Events →
Each day you choose to commute by a means other than driving alone you save yourself a lot of money. And, you are doing something for the environment! Use your trip logger to keep track of how you get to and from work each day, and see the savings pile up!Visit RidePro! →
Register for Emergency Ride Home
To be eligible for the Emergency Ride Home benefit, you need to be registered in the free, confidential commuteSMARTseacoast rideshare database and work for an employer who is a member.
We’ve got you covered!
CommuteSMARTseacoast’s Emergency Ride Home is your safety net when an emergency arises during work. Registered commuters who use a carpool, vanpool, bus, train, bicycle, or walk to work are eligible. All you need to do is take a taxi or rental car and submit your receipt and reimbursement form.
Who can use ERH?
You are eligible if you:
- Work for an employer who is a member. Membership is free to any employer in Seacoast NH. Click here to see if your employer is a member. If not, contact your HR Manager or us!
- Commuted to work by carpool, vanpool, bus, train, bicycle, or walking on the day of the emergency.
- Enrolled in the commuteSMARTseacoast ridematching database.
- Unexpected personal illness or emergency
- Unexpected family illness or emergency
- Carpool/vanpool driver has an illness, emergency, or unscheduled overtime
- Potentially dangerous weather (bicyclists and walkers only)
Please note the following do not qualify as emergencies:
- Rides to work
- Personal errands or pre-planned appointments during the workday
- Scheduled overtime
- On-the-job injury
- Transit system failures
- Vehicle failure
- Building closings
- Park and Ride lot or where your car is parked
- Child’s day care or school
- Medical facility
- Interim stops are acceptable if they are part of the emergency
How to get there:
- Rental car
ERH Trip Allowance
You may submit up to six (6) requests per 12 month period, no more than two (2) in any month, for a maximum reimbursement of $90 per occurrence.
Steps to follow
- Arrange for emergency transportation (taxi or rental car)
- Take the trip and pay
- Submit the paperwork (see below)
Submit your request for reimbursement within 10 business days of the emergency to info@commuteSMARTseacoast.org, or fax to 743-5786. Receipt must be attached to the ERH reimbursement form signed by your employer. Upon receipt and verification, you will receive a check in 10 business days.